Tuesday, May 10, 2016

The smell of coffee (flowers) in the air.

I wish I could send smells through the internet.

 

The coffee fields are blooming and the flowers emit an incredible fragrance. The closest fragrance in the US is the smell of honey suckle.

Thus the fragrance evokes good memories of growing up in blue-collar suburban Philadelphia, in Darby. Our neighbors had a honeysuckle bush.


Today I walked to the parish coffee field which is here in Plan Grande. What a gorgeous sight and what incredible smells.


I also noted that a few of the madriago trees (Gliricidia sepium) which had been planted a few months ago were growing. They will provide some shade – as well as help counteract the deforestation going on around us.


I also noticed this tree as I walked down to the coffee field. What beauty.




No comments: