Monday, October 14, 2013

Back home to Honduras

I am returning to Honduras today, invigorated after a short stay in Ames, Iowa, reconnecting with friends and with St. Thomas Aquinas Church where I worked for 24 years before going to Honduras.

St. Thomas supported me for the first five years and has established a sister-parish relationship with the parish of Dulce Nombre de Maria in Dulce Nombre de Copán, Honduras, where I am helping.

One project they recently did was prepare quilted banners for all the 47 churches in the parish, expressing the solidarity in Christ between the two parishes.

Over ninety St. Thomas parishioners were involved in the project. Some of them were hung in the St. Thomas church gathering space before sending them with me.


Here are a few photos:





No comments: