Thursday, November 26, 2009

Machine gun

Here's a photo I took today of the machine gun on the pick up at the turn off to Gracias, Lempira, near Santa Rosa de Copán. I mentioned it in my Sunday, November 22 blog entry.



Om my way to Gracias to celebrate Thanksgiving with Sisters Nancy and Brenda, two Franciscan sisters from Iowa, I did not see a lot of troops. But I have heard that they are guarding closely the ballots that are in the municipalities.

It is always to good to meet with the sisters who are a real blessing for the parish of San Marcos in Gracias. Their presence is also a great source of support for me.

A Guatemalan Franciscan priest who is serving a parish in Olancho joined us for a simple meal and great conversation.

It was good to be able to celebrate Thansgiving in Gracias - which is the Spanish word for "Thanks."

No comments: