Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Catholic News Service

The Catholic News Service (CNS) has continued to provide some of what I consider the best reporting on the situation in Honduras. Their latest article "Honduran bishops hope talks bring just, peaceful solution" can be found at NCR Online. You can find a listing of other CNS on the side column on my blog of translations of Honduras church documents.

In contrast America magazine had an editorial in the October 19 issue, "Finding a Way Out" in "Current Comment," which I believe is misled in its support of an unspecified businessmen's proposal. You can read their statement and my comment on their website. Without more information I presume that they are referring to the proposal of Adolfo Facussé, though they might be referring to a different proposal about which I have no information.

There's also an article on me in yesterday's Daily Tribune on Ames, Iowa. All too glowing and I'm not sure I would say that the US State Department and the Catholic Church are trying to broker a compromise - though I think both would like to play a part in the resolution of the crisis.

No comments: